Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

3 Months

My sweet baby girl is now 3 months old. She is a whopping 6 and 1/2 lbs and is 17 inches long. I'm happy to report that she continues to make progress on her oxygen needs, and so although we dont know when she is coming home or whether she'll come home with oxygen, we are comforted by the small gains. We've started working aggresively on feeding, and she does a great job nursing but is struggling with bottle feeding. Figures right? I think alot of the time people think that she should be able to figure this out easily, but I've got a good analogy to compare. Imagine if you were bedridden for 3 months and how hard it would be to get up and start walking again. Obviously you would eventually regain your strength, but it would take a lot of effort. Vanessa has not eaten for her entire life. For her whole 3 months of life, a tube has been in her belly giving her food. So working for her meals is going to be very different for her and it's going to take a lot of practice and effort. I wish that I could just nurse her all the time, because she really is showing me how efficient she is at it!

In the last 2 weeks we have had some big milestones. Beyond feeding, Henry held Vanessa for the first time! I don't blame him for waiting... All the tubes and wires can be very scary, but he did it.

It's so funny how my feelings have changed about things. When Vanessa was super teeny tiny, I dreamt of the day that she would wear all her cute little clothes. Now that she is wearing them, I cherish the moments that I get to see her cute little body without clothes. Silly, I know!

I bought this for Vanessa before she was born. It's crazy to me that she fits in it.
You can't see it, but it says "Little Sister".

I love being a mama to Travis and Vanessa. They are so very special to me, and I long for the day that we are all under one roof.

♥ Cassea

No comments:

Post a Comment